Back to search results Apply now
Project Controls Manager
Job no: 977703
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager to join our Melbourne Project Delivery team during an exciting period of transformation. In this exciting new role you will provide project controls direction and support to the Project Delivery Group and broader site project teams, implementing and maintaining project controls systems and procedures in order to support the successful management of Newcrest projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Building a coordinated Project Controls Team across the business that provides Project Managers with forward looking direction for proactive project management;
- Guiding, mentoring and supporting project appointed project controllers/schedulers;
- Reviewing project plans, estimates and schedules;
- Providing project controls support to studies or projects;
- Managing cost control tasks such as forecasting, reporting, project registration and closure, and purchase order management as required to meet cost control demand in conjunction with other cost control resources;
- Managing consolidated program scheduling and interface with project teams;
- Ensuring adequate Change Controls are in place and adhered to for all projects;
- Preparing and delivering routine and ad hoc program reports;
- Working effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups; and
- Engage, plan and execute project control improvement initiatives.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
To succeed in this role, you will have significant experience in Project Control roles, ideally with previous experience working within the mining or civil construction industries. You will have a strong safety focus and a drive for continuous improvement in all areas of your work. An excellent communicator, you will be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the business as well as those externally.
You will also have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to analyse, edit and present management reports and provide analysis on base-line excursions from norm;
- Ability to form and foster collaborative relationships both internally and externally;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriate to the skills of nominated staff;
- Ability to impart skills and train others;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite; and
- Newcrest uses Primavera and SAP PS with ePM so experience in these highly desirable.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™