Back to search results Apply now
Senior Engineer - Ventilation
Job no: 977717
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Ventilation Engineer to join our Technical Services team based at Telfer during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Underground Mine Superintendent, you will lead the Ventilation team to make sure that the mine ventilation system complies with the statutory requirements and is the best it can be to allow those working in the underground mine to safely and efficiently carry out scheduled mining works on a year round basis.
Responsibilities of this role will also include:
• Preparation of and accountability for the planning of mine ventilation works
• Communicating the ventilation plans to all stakeholders, as well as ensuring that all stakeholders are fully informed and issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Carry out or oversee all ventilation survey works and monthly reporting.
• Working with line management on the department budget and assist with preparation of Capital Expenditure documentation as required.
• Participating in the site QA/QC Audit process.
• Active participation in site safety initiatives.
• Evaluating and proposing optimum solutions for problematic situations (based on accumulated data/information) which threaten the achievement of planned objectives and with a view to continual improvement of Technical Services processes.
The current roster for this role is 8/6/4/3/4/3.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will have significant demonstrated experience in Ventilation Engineering, ideally at a Senior level within the hard rock mining industry. You will have the ability to be appointed to the statutory ventilation officer role, working within WA regulations. Having a strong safety focus you will actively engage with all Newcrest safety systems and behaviours. You will have well developed influencing and communication skills and the ability to liaise with both technical and operational stakeholders. Exposure to and a good working knowledge of Ventsim and other ventilation programs is essential.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™