Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 977957(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - Orange NSW
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Planner/Scheduler to join our Maintenance team based at Cadia during an exciting period of transformation. Reporting to the Planning Specialist, you will be accountable for delivering high quality work plans that are scheduled in a manner that is safe and executable which enables efficient maintenance execution practices to maintain the Cadia Valley Operations fixed plant equipment.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture utilising the Newcrest Safety Transformation plan to help with approach, delivery and direction
- Work closely with the execution team to plan & schedule work tasks in a safe and executable manner that identifies and manages Major Hazards and Critical Controls
- Ensure that planning and scheduling activities are completed in line with the Maintenance Operating System & Maintenance Business Process 6 steps (Identify, Plan, Schedule, Execute, Complete, Improve)
- Undertake detailed job planning that incorporates, materials, labour and documentation that supports safe and efficient execution (Utilising onsite systems)
- Shutdowns – Responsible for Planning/Scheduling, tracking and post shutdown review meetings in line with the Maintenance Operating System process.
- Weekly Planning/Scheduling – Responsible for the planning and scheduling for the Fixed Plant maintenance teams, this will include pre and post reviews and action tracking
The current roster for this role 5/2.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results.
You will also have the following:
- Minimum 5+ years Maintenance Experience
- Minimum 3 years Planning/Scheduling in SAP
- Experience with MS Projects and understanding of project flows is an advantage
- Trade Certification is an advantage (i.e. Electrical/Mechanical)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a wider team
- Ability to prioritise and think quickly on your feet
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™