Back to search results Apply now
Principal Resource Geologist
Job no: 978003
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
We are seeking a Principal Resource Geologist to provide advanced technical resource modelling and estimation capabilities within the Mineral Resource Management team. In this role you will also provide technical input to both operational ore control and advanced exploration projects.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Resource Support your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review and develop geological frameworks and domains for grade estimation that are appropriate for the style of mineralisation being modelled;
- Implement linear and non-linear estimation techniques appropriate to the style of mineralisation being modelled;
- Undertake assessments of quantitative risk in resource models through the use of simulation methodologies to establish range of uncertainties over relevant production periods;
- In collaboration with the Site Geology Leads ensure resource models are constructed and classified in accordance with the JORC Code;
- Undertake technical reviews of operational ore control processes and advanced exploration projects;
- Ensure that all work is delivered on time and budget, establish and maintain project schedules;
- Prepare regular project reports and briefing papers as required; and
- Collaborate with Site and Corporate teams on developing geological models and develop strong working relationship with Technical Study Leads.
This is a permanent position located at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style, and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will be a degree qualified Geologist with advanced mineral resource estimation experience, preferably with exposure to mining operations.
Other requirements include:
- Strong technical experience in mineral resource modelling and estimation;
- Understanding of linear and non-linear estimation techniques preferred;
- Experience in operational mining geology roles preferred;
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships with corporate and site teams; and
- Gold and copper experience preferred.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Canada and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
With world-class opportunities across many diverse locations, Newcrest offers the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in the global mining community, and to gain broad experience on a variety of projects locally or across a range of geographies.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™