Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 978117(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our team at Telfer to maintain the site’s mill processing facilities through planned maintenance and breakdown/ field repairs. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong a work ethic, a ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to continuously improving maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical, you will be accountable for the following:
- Maintenance of the mill processing facility
- Competently diagnose and report equipment failure or fatigue to maintain plant efficiency and reliability carry out and complete scheduled maintenance tasks in a timely manner to a high standard.
- Working in hot and wet challenging environmental conditions including operating at heights and in confined spaces
- Working without direct supervision whilst being self-motivated
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents
The current roster for this role is FIFO from Perth 8/6-day, 7/7-night shift.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
With the ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment What you will need for this role:
- A relevant Mechanical Fitter (turner / machinist) qualification
- Previous experience working with a fixed plant is essential
- Experience with Warman Pump rebuild, hydraulic fault finding and conveyor maintenance is highly desirable
- A manual C class drivers licence
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety
Additionally, it will be advantageous if you possess a EWP/ rigger / forklift license & HR Licence, and knowledge of SAP. Post trade experience within mining is preferred.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™