Back to search results Apply now
Drill and Blast Engineer
Job no: 978196(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
An exciting opportunity for a Drill & Blast Engineer has come about in our Telfer Mine FIFO team in WA. Working with the latest technology, and in a collaborative engineering environment, you will help deliver best practice achieve target production in our Open Pit Mine. Reporting to the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer and working alongside two other Drill and Blast Engineers you will be accountable for :
- Delivery of Open Pit drill and blast design functions to allow contract surface mining operations to mine safe and efficiently.
- Ensuring drill and blast designs, tie-ins and approvals are completed before schedule requirement.
- Maintaining QAQC in regards to the implementation of the drill and blast plans.
- Monitoring blasting and operational performance and implement changes to improve performance.
- Supporting mine scheduling and design functions to support safe, cost effective open pit production.
- Assisting in establishment and continued compliance to standards for safe mine development and production.
- Coordinating contractors to execute the designs and plans for operational activity.
This is a permanent FIFO position that will work on 8 days on, 6 days off.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
You will be a tertiary qualified Mining Engineer with either graduate program experience in the drill and blast arena or looking for that next step up. You will enjoy working with new technology, are able to learn quickly and thrive on exciting technical challenges. Your previous role will have included exposure to hard rock open pit mining or the civil sector, working in various engineering conditions and having autonomy in your work. Your ability to work well with a close-knit team and excellent communication skills will be critical to the successful management of contractor activities and execution. Proficiency in MS Excel, Vulcan or BlastLogic or similar technologies is highly desirable, to deliver 360 design, plan and execution of activities. Lastly your flexible and systematic approach to your work with the ability to make critical decisions within a fast-paced environment, will provide a rewarding role in our team.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™