Back to search results Apply now
Mining Engineer – Development
Job no: 978224(RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
We are currently looking for an engaged and experienced Mining Engineer to join our Technical Planning team at Cadia Valley Operations in Orange, NSW during an exciting period of expansion. Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with leading industry experts for our new development project at Australia’s largest underground gold mine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the essential link between development operations and the technical side of the project
- Documenting the necessary information for the improvement of the project objective, scope, execution plan, resources and schedule
- Support the Short Term and Medium Term scheduling by providing infrastructure inputs
- Producing Authority’s for Construction, Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, Firing Checklists, etc.
- Collaborating with the stakeholders involved in the execution of a new mine development project to maximize effectiveness and optimize its delivery
This a residential role based in Orange, NSW and the current roster for this role is 5 days /2 off with potential to change to 7 days on / 7 off.
Cadia Valley Operations (CVO) is located in central western New South Wales approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employee’s reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange and the surrounding areas and enjoy access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as child care. Working at CVO offers a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career while living in a large active, local community.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will have experience in a similar role within a large-scale Underground mining operation as well as:
- Relevant Tertiary degree in Mining, Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Recent completion of a Graduate Program is highly advantageous
- Previous experience with DESWIK or relevant mine design software
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Completion of underground time is highly desirable
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™