Back to search results Apply now
Superintendent (Contractor Management) - Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978385 (RPO)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave. We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
This is a residential opportunity located at our operation just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional centre only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As the Superintendent Development, you will be accountable for playing a key part in managing the development project contractors, whilst simultaneously ensuring all compliance and safety requirements are adhered to. You will be the liaison between project contractors and Newcrest.
Key responsibilities include:
- Aligning with and embedding Newcrest’s safety culture, values and behaviours across the project
- Full management of contractors, including inductions, compliance, OH&S
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholder groups, ensuring priorities are aligned
- Oversee allocated contractors including performance reporting
- Contractor planning and scheduling and maximising performance in a safe and practical environment.
We are looking for qualified, safety focused and team-oriented individuals who have:
- A strong attitude and commitment to workplace health and safety
- Extensive and proven experience in a similar leadership role within an underground hard rock mining environment
- Demonstrated experience liaising with contractors to drive safety and performance
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and stakeholder management skills, to influence positive outcomes
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
All shortlisted candidates will be subject to applicable medical assessments and police clearance checks.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™