Back to search results Apply now
Electrical Engineer - Underground
Job no: 978694 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Electrical Engineer to provide technical support on electrical assets at our Telfer site operations.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer on a FIFO 8 days on, 6 days off roster from Perth, this role will see you working within the team responsible for electrical engineering asset management and governance across all areas of the operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support execution of the site electrical engineering strategic plan, including carrying out analysis and development of asset management plans and implementing key improvement initiatives.
- Provide electrical engineering support to maintenance crews. This includes electrical engineering reliability support during breakdowns.
- Provide technical support, guidance and coaching to site personnel on matters related to reliability, engineering, safety, statutory compliance and technical matters.
- Undertake minor electrical engineering projects. Provide input to the capital projects process, such as developing capital request submissions for electrical projects.
- Actively support safety improvement initiatives and demonstrate safety leadership across site
- The role encompasses all areas but with a particular portfolio focus on underground and open pit.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well-furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
You will be a skilled Electrical Engineer with at least five years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment, including underground mining. You will have expert technical capability combined with highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Four-year Electrical Engineering degree qualification
- On site experience, preferably working for the asset owner
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Able to work collaboratively across a wide range of stakeholders
- High attention to detail and sound decision-making judgement
- Project engineering experience is advantageous
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We’re committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™