Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now
Underground Electrical Technicians
Job no: 979225 (RPO)
Work type: Permanent - Full Time, Permanent - Part Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It is an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave. We are building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, recreation activities, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we are looking for
As we continue to grow, our Electrical Maintenance department at Cadia is on the lookout for enthusiastic and forward-thinking Underground Electricians at all levels to maintain areas of the critical control framework and assets within Underground Development areas.
The key deliverables of the role include:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on UG incline conveying system, UG crushing circuits, UG primary & secondary ventilation and pumping systems, UG air compressors, HV reticulation systems and site utilities
- Actively promote and embed Major Hazard, Critical control safety practices into the work team, seek continuous improvement and develop a strong safety culture
- Ensure all plant and equipment faults are reported, documented and managed
- For Senior Electricians there will is also an opportunity as part of your role to train and mentor other Technicians, assist with co-ordination, management and scheduling of activities, and ensure company and OH&S site requirements are met including reporting
You will be a hands-on and results-driven qualified Electrician with the natural ability to multitask and problem-solve. Through your commitment to workplace health and safety, you will ensure that all electrical work complies safety and environmental statutory requirements and company policies and procedures.
In addition to the above key skills, the below skillset will set you up for success:
- A current NSW Electrical Workers Licence; CPR & LV Rescue are essential
- Proven experience in a similar role within mining or heavy industry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Excel & Word and SAP
- Some demonstrated leadership experience or training would be highly regarded
- HV Switching, Working at Heights, Elevated Work Platform and Confined Space tickets
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role based in Orange, NSW on 7 days On/ 7 days Off/ 7 Nights On/ 7 Off roster.
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is now a smoke free work environment, since 1 January 2020.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we would love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for these opportunities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™