Back to search results Apply now
Technician - Processing
Job no: 981204
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
Technician- Processing Autoclave Field Operator
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir’s mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a Technician Processing AFO for a position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Autoclave Area Supervisor, the purpose of this role is to oversee the Autoclaves and requirements to ensure production and safety guidelines are met on a daily basis. It is also the purpose of the Autoclave 1, 2 and 3 Technician is to ensure that Autoclaves, and associated ancillary equipment are operated within Key parameter bands. The Autoclave FO is one of a team of Technicians comprising a rotating shift crew in the Ore Processing Department. These shift crews are responsible for the efficient operation of various sections of the Ore Processing Plant including; Pre-Oxidation, Autoclaves, CCD’s, Water Systems, and other processing functions
You will also add value by:
- Reading, understanding and complying to Daily Plan and Metallurgical operating parameters, where this is not possible and these cannot be complied to, the Area Supervisor must be informed along with a detailed explanation in the shift handover report.
- Communicating all Autoclave issues to Autoclave Area Supervisor and Autoclave SAOC Technician as soon as practically possible.
- Performing isolations on plant and equipment to ensure the energy sources are removed and the safety of the people working on the equipment is not compromised.
- Maintaining excellent communications with fixed plant maintenance personnel to ensure maintenance issues are understood and communicated.
- Delivering accurate and detailed handover on a shift by shift basis so the oncoming shift are fully briefed on the status of the plant.
- Being responsible for all equipment associated within the Autoclave Structure
- Pre-oxidation Tanks and pumping/sampling systems
- Counter Current Decantation (CCD’s)
- thickeners, flocculant systems and pumping/sampling systems
- Sea water systems including pumps, travelling screens, compressor and strainers.
- Containment pond system and pumping equipment
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Have experience with computerised maintenance systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel & Word
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent report writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in high pressure situations
- Have shown a willingness to work and participate in a team environment
- Minimum level of Grade 12 education certificate essential.
- Certificates/Statements of Attainment in relevant Metalliferous processing competencies desirable
- Open to PNG nationals only.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last 6 months
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your Cover Letter, CV + Support Documents, preferably as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™