Back to search results Apply now
Supervisor - Fabrication
Job no: 981213
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Lihir Operations
The role will have responsibility to:
- Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Ensure all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE requirements and hold people accountable for adherence.
- Plan work so that it can be conducted safely; and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Ensure that all operators on the shift carry out isolations and issue safe work permits for maintenance work in accordance with the site Permit to Work system
- Supervise team members in operational and maintenance activities within the Asset Management area and related infrastructure including monitoring general performance and equipment shutdowns.
- Ensure all works for the area (inspections, identifying defects, system verifications, routine schedules, SOPs are completed within all safety, environmental and company compliance processes and guidelines.
- Deliver accurate and detailed handover on a shift by shift basis so the oncoming shift are fully briefed on the status of the plant including both verbally at the shift handover meetings as well as documenting events in the One View shift handover report.
- Prioritize, oversees and ensure scope of work is agreed to by the contractor with parts, timings & labour costs captured in the Purchase Requisition prior to any work carried out by contract staff.
- Assist in the management of SOP creation, review, training and updates, Shift Reports and SAP work request lodgements
- 5+ years work experience in mineral processing environment including large scale fixed assets
- Relevant Mechanical/Fabrication/Welding trades qualification or certification essential.
- Demonstrate supervisory skills to coordinate staff in a technically challenging and remote environment
- Experience in shut down and maintenance projects
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Ability to develop work scope packages to support offsite component refurbishments
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
- Must have a current PNG Class 6 License
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Miner of choice™