Planner - Maintenance
Job no: 976337
Work type: Permanent
Location: Telfer Operation - WA
Newcrest Mining Limited is now looking for a Maintenance Shutdown Planner for its Telfer Operation in Western Australia.
The Maintenance Shutdown Planner/Scheduler is responsible to develop a shutdown schedule from the detailed plans. Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor, this role will coordinate reviews of the schedule with all stakeholders and include plans from all areas to develop an integrated final shutdown Gantt.
The role is FIFO 8/6 Roster ex Perth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify the shutdown scope of work and develop Gantt with MS-projects.
- Facilitate the scheduling process for all tasks and resources for the major shutdown.
- Prepare the overall schedule and identify critical path for the major shutdown.
- Ensure the Schedule has the following aspects,
- Maximises resource value
- Minimal impact on plant or equipment productivity, and
- Fully utilises available down time.
- Liaise with procurement, engineering, maintenance and contractors to estimate the lead time of items identified.
- Facilitate outage scheduling, progress and close-out meetings.
- Identify opportunities to improve reliability, efficiency and cost effectiveness of all assets.
- Understand and monitor KPI's to drive compliance and assist with budget and cost control processes.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, customer service oriented and enjoy thinking outside the box to drive continuous improvements across the operation.
Your demonstrated experience in a similar role, expertise in modern maintenance techniques and Mechanical/Electrical trade qualification will see you well placed for success in this role. Strong skills in SAP, MS Excel and MS Projects are essential. Furthermore, your ability to liaise with a broad stakeholder base will be critical for the role along with excellent communication skills.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire. We are committed to caring about our people, integrity and honesty, working together, innovation and problem solving and working to our highest potential and performance. Our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™. We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, talk with us.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™