Back to search results Apply now
Lead Senior Analyst – Business Development
Job no: 977998
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne Head Office - VIC
Your mandate is to drive the success of our Business Development and Corporate functions. Our Business Development function is at the forefront of our growth efforts which span the globe and includes Exploration, Mineral Resource Management, Projects & Studies and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Reporting to the Group Manager – Corporate and Business Development, in this role your duties may include:
- Providing financial, commercial and governance support to our Exploration, Business Development and Corporate functions;
- Focusing on value adding analytics including commercial project accountability and delivery;
- Managing relationships with internal and external partners;
- Strategy formulation and justification as well as business planning/forecasting and valuations;
- Provision of high quality commercial support aligned to the company’s growth agenda; and
- Accountability for the work flow and development of one direct report.
This is a full time permanent opportunity
over based at our corporate headquarters in Melbourne. There may be occasional travel to our sites within Australia as well as international.
At Newcrest, you'll be part of a diverse team of business professionals committed to our people and the communities in which we operate. We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne Head Office is easily accessible by public transport or car, with discounted parking available.
Our ideal candidate will have highly developed analytic skills with proven experience in financial evaluation, governance and risk identification, business case preparation, planning/budgeting, multi-jurisdictional business operations and competitor analysis.
Other requirements include:
- A tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce, Geology, or Engineering;
- Experience working in Projects, Studies or Exploration within the mining industry would be highly advantageous although not essential;
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy; and
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
Our people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and Indonesia and in every location, our people live our values and share our vision of being the Miner of Choice™.
With world-class opportunities across many diverse locations, Newcrest offers the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in the global mining community, and to gain broad experience on a variety of projects locally or across a range of geographies.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™