Back to search results Apply now
Long Hole Charging Operator - Cadia Panel Cave Development
Job no: 978348 (RPO PC23)
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent - Full Time
Location: Cadia Valley Operations - NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey to building Australia’s largest and most technically advanced block cave.
We’re building our mining development expertise for our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
We’re turning tough deposits into tier one assets with our extensive experience in block caving, using selective processing skills to push boundaries and discover new growth opportunities.
Cadia is leading the world in developing the next generation of block caving - undercutless caving.
Operations near and far
With residential and selected DIDO and FIFO opportunities available at our operations which are located just outside of Orange, NSW. We offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career all whilst living in a major regional centre only three hours away from Sydney, NSW.
Who we’re looking for
As a Long Hole Charging Operator, you will be accountable for administering underground charging and blasting activities in a manner that meets our safety and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Engineers, Geologists and Shift Supervisors to interpret blast plans and designs
- Handle and transport explosive material in a safe manner according to procedures
- Ensure timely charging of holes in order to meet targets and timelines
- Record and report on all explosive usage and firings undertaken
- Identify, report and remedy misfires
We are looking for qualified, safety focused and team-oriented individuals who have:
- A strong attitude and commitment to workplace health and safety
- A valid Blasting Explosives User Licence (BEUL)
- A valid Australian driver’s licence
- Proven Normet charge-up experience in an underground hard rock mining environment – experience in long hole charging required
- Written and verbal communication skills
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
For more information on one or more of the above opportunities, please apply here today. All shortlisted candidates will be subject to applicable medical assessments and police clearance checks.
Cadia Valley Operations is committed to a smoke free work environment by 1 January 2020.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for these opportunities.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
careers.newcrest.com.auMiner of choice™